Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Christmas time is near...







This giant X'mas tree that stood sentinel last year at Japan Nagoya Centrair was the one who greeted me when I first hopped at Japan. Wonder of wonders why they had ( actually not just one but so many) that was sooo big inspite of the fact that they are non-Catholic believer. Some says it's business-wise but whatever they say...still it makes one like me to be ecstatically proud and happy because it is synonymous to gift-giving and happiness, very Filipino in terms of tradition. And of course the birth of Infant Jesus, our Savior. Real poinsettias were scattered around the centrair and I couldn't believe that those were real and fresh. Burning scarlet and showy pink...ooops no touch! I just loved those American shrubs. That was a beautiful time of my life but at the same time I felt so sad too, leaving my kids behind on that very special ocassion, mixed emotions I should say. But partly it was an awesome vacation...taking time out smelling the roses and time too to enjoy the cakes and ale of life...!

No comments: