Sunday, September 28, 2008

Planning a home garden?




I love growing trees and flowers blooming inside my fence. I just want to share that if you are planning a home garden, it is better to start right. Choose a potion of your lot yard where plants will get the benefits of morning sunlight if not thru-out the day. We all know that plants need plenty of it. Choose a location near the water supply 'coz it needs regular watering of course. We all want the convenience of carrying the tools or hose to and fro, am I right here? Talking about soil we need well-drained one or preferably the loam soil is needed to produce healthy plants. If your soil is clayey it's not a problem, don't fret...you can always improve the texture by simply adding sand...I say sand not stones...remember that...and compost like chicken or carabao manure. If it is not possible for manure let's say, you can always buy at the plant nursery, just do ask around. It's better to raise your garden beds for a better drainage especially when it rains. Don't forget to dig your soil thoroughly of finely raked the surface to get rid of unwanted objects or stones.

PS/ In the picture I planted all the leeks that weren't been able to land in my skillet...and those poinsettias we bought for Xmas 2007 were really fresh as the day we bought it so I thought of planting it before the leaves wilt in no time. And my...I've been told that our tulips are now in full bloom so am (we pala...magrereact si Makki) a real green thumby person...wow...!

Look!

...but then of course the weather is conjucive also aside from being a green thumb :)

No comments: