Monday, September 15, 2008

I wouldn't trade hope for despair...

I feel absolutely hollow when someone cannot apply themselves to positive goals, to making better lives for themselves. She (my friend A) spend her energy working her as# up but nothing's doing she said. I wouldn't touch this topic since it's not my pen, but she always seek my help and advice so I can't ignore this one. No matter how knotty the situation is, I always know what to do, being a mum has broaden my instinct or how would we call it...my decision making always prove me right though I cannot lie that I have so many slip ups but then lesson is always learned in the end. How many times did I end up in deep water...but gladly I can say that I always pull myself up before it expires my whole being. In the campaign to keep my sanity intact, I learned how to be resilient and hopeful and prayerful. I can't be but gratified by the assurance that everything will all be in the right place at the right time. I have to trust my instinct, this is brain talking as much as my heart...but this friend of mine is excessively demonstrative of her negative sentiments. I'm flat out accusing her of being so helplessly negative and pessimistic. I wonder why she couldn't understand my opinion and suggestions...that in life, we need to apply the central tenet of Caesar Zedd's philosophy; to always look for the brighter side and for me Zedd is right that the key to happiness, success and mental health is utterly to ignore the negative, deny its power over you and find reason to alleviate every development in life including the cruelest catastrophe, by discovering the bright side to even the darkest hour.
I do understand why she's always negative because she had disclosed some facts about her sexuality and physical impairment thus she became aloof and cold as ice. But wonder of wonders she always run to me...and taking too much is one of my foibles. I hate to say that she's hopeless. I find it hard to pull her up from melancholy. So I shirk and hate to say, why would I care whether you have any peace...and it matters little whether you go or stay. Boorishly, can't blame me if I'm on the verge of winding down. Or already did! It's tiring...really really very tiring already specially if all my upbraids' just going up in smoke. If you still want me as a friend, do it like a shot...it's for your own good I tell you. ..or else it'll be curtain for us.

PS/ To my friend, A...God help those who help themselves!

No comments: